The special model AVUS Edition
At the same time as the homologation series BMW E36 318Is Class 2, which BMW 1994 produced in a number of 2500 exhibits within just under 4 months (April to July) and only as a 4-door sedan, BMW AG also offered the special model AVUS Edition as a coupe version (special equipment S767A). These models were available with the motorization 318Is and as 325i. These models also had the “BMW MOTORSPORT INTERNATIONAL” emblems attached to the side of the bumper strips on the driver’s and passenger’s door and on the glove compartment strip, such as the limited special edition Class 2
Furthermore, like the Class 2, these vehicles also had extensive standard equipment ex works such as:
- Front window with green wedge,
- Fog lights,
- heated exterior mirrors and washer nozzles.
These models also had the designation S767A.
This includes the special equipment SA767A:
• M sports suspension with lowering
• LM wheels 2-part, M cross spoke (styling 29) (wide mesh) screwed with forged star, 7.5Jx17 and 235/40 ZR 17 tires (spare wheel steel 7Jx15 with 205/60 tires)
• M aerodynamic package (front / rear apron, side skirts)
• Polished exhaust tailpipes with chrome trim
• Door handles with “BMW Motorsport” imprint
• Side bumper strip with BMW Motorsport International logo
• Front window with green wedge
• Heated exterior mirrors, including driver’s door lock and windscreen washer nozzles
• Fog lights (318is)
• Paintwork similar to SA 715, i.e. alpine white, light red, cosmos black-met., Arktissilber-met., Calypsor red-met., Boston green-met., Mauritius blue-met. And also black
• BMW sports seats
• Flat weave fabric in 2 standard colors (anthracite, gray), optional fabric / leather combination in 3 standard colors (anthracite, turquoise, classic red), optional Montana leather in 3 standard colors (black, light gray, classic red), special optional extra “Millpoint” anthracite / red (Key No. 0616)
• Black headlining including A / C-pillars and edge protection
• Sports leather steering wheel II with airbag, shift bellows and handbrake handle / bellows in black leather
• Door sills with BMW Motorsport International logo
• Badge on the fascia above the glove box with the BMW Motorsport International logo.
Unfortunately, it is not known how many of these special “AVUS EDITION” models were built in total, nor is it known how many of them left the BMW factory as the 318IS or the 325i Coupe with this S767A option. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to determine this information.